Think ‘Show Home’
As most people look at pictures on the internet before attending any Open Homes, your pictures must intrigue them. If they look dark and dingy you will intrigue them into thinking ‘bargin’. If they look as good as a show home you will be rewarded with more Open Home attendees and more competitive buyers when it comes time to negotiate.
De-Clutter and De-Personalise
Removing clutter helps areas to appear more spacious and allows purchasers to visualise their belongings in your home. Clear everything off kitchen benches. Think of this process as a head start on the packing you will eventually need to do anyway. Organise cupboards and wardrobes, this says you probably take good care of the rest of the house as well. Good idea too to remove personal photos so that prospective buyers can allow to see their own family living in the home.
Rent a Storage Unit
Almost every home shows better with less furniture. Remove pieces of furniture that block paths and walkways and put them in storage. Leave just enough furniture in each room to showcase the room’s purpose and plenty of room to move around. You don’t want buyers scratching their heads and saying, “What is this room used for?”
Make Minor Repairs
• Replace cracked floor or counter tiles.
• Repair holes in walls.
• Fix leaky taps.
• Fix doors that don’t close properly and kitchen drawers that jam.
• Consider painting your walls neutral colours, especially if you have grown accustomed to colourful walls.
• Replace burned-out light bulbs.
• Replace any worn bedspreads.
Make the House Sparkle!
• Wash windows inside and out.
• Water blast driveway and exterior paths.
• Remove all cobwebs.
• Polish chrome taps and mirrors.
• Dust furniture, ceiling fan blades and light fixtures.
• Replace worn rugs.
• Hang up fresh towels.
• Clean and air out any musty or pet smelling areas.
Check Curb Appeal
• Keep the paths cleared of leaves etc
• Keep the lawn mowed.
• Paint faded window trim.
• Tidy grounds and gardens.
• Make sure visitors can clearly read your house number.
The Final checklist before viewings:
• Open blinds and curtains.
• Open windows to let in fresh air.
• Check your flower arrangements.
• Turn on lights in dark rooms or at night.
• Light the fire in winter.
• Display your best towels in the bathroom.
• Clean and straighten rugs.
• Empty rubbish bins.
• Pick up any dirty clothes and hide.
• Deodorise pet areas and secure pets.
• Vacuum and dust each room.
• Tidy grounds and garden.
I promise to deliver a service beyond your expectations, ensuring you feel informed and nurtured throughout the whole process, while gaining you exceptional results.